After returning to Cornwall from the Gold Mines of South Africa in 1914, Stephen John Andrew purchased a small business in Redruth and established SJ Andrew & Sons, selling used and new steel primarily to the local mining Industry.
The business has remained in the family and grown over the years, significantly with major investment & expansion in the late 80’s, and again in early 2011 with the doubling in size of the main steel store.
Still on its original site at South Turnpike in Redruth the business has sales counters, storage and workshop facilities covering 34,000 sq feet, and delivers throughout Cornwall with its fleet of three lorries and two vans.
Holding approximately 500 tonnes of steel, a comprehensive range of Industrial products, being ISO 9001 registered and part of the Troy Buying Group, SJ Andrew & Sons is well placed to provide a fast, friendly & reliable service to customers old & new.
With the centenary already 3 years gone, the new showroom/shop area has proved very successful in providing the customer with a more efficient service.
With Philip and Peter Andrew now retired and a number of other long-standing key members of staff retiring, Nathan Andrew & Malcolm Reynolds now oversee the day to day running of the business, with a team of staff who have a large number of years’ service between them which enables the continued growth of the business.